The one bike to take you to work, blast around town, let you keep up with friends on longer rides, and even have an off-road adventure. The Specialized Diverge E5 is a gravel road bike with greater ambitions.
The Specialized’s E5 Premium aluminium alloy frame is lightweight and stiff, allowing fantastic power transfer while being compliant and softening bumps along the way. With help from the Roubaix, the new Diverge frame is lighter, stiffer and more durable. The Open Road Geometry takes cues from Specialized’s trail mountain bikes, with slacker a head angle which relaxes and stabilises the steering, for greater predictability. A lower bottom bracket than the previous Diverge as well as short chainstays make it a playful handling bike, one that’s as at home on fire roads as it is on city streets.
The frame comes equipped for adventure, with Plug and Play rack mounts, fender mounts, three bottle cages mounts and massive tyre clearance, large enough for 38c tyres and a load of mud. An easy threaded bottom bracket, flat mount disc mounts, and a 12x142mm thru axle and rear spacing makes the Diverge up to date. The FACT Carbon fork does a wonderful job of minimising vibrations coming from the wheels. It has 12×100 spacing with a thru-axle that helps give the Diverge predictable handling.
The groupset that gets you moving is a Shimano Claris 2×8 speed setup. The cassette in the rear is 11-34T, which gives greater range to take on longer climbs while keeping the momentum on descents. To keep speed in check, the Tektro Mira mechanical disc brakes offer all weather performance, not fading when it gets wet.
Specialized in-house components adorn the rest of the bike, giving a quality feeling to all the contact points.
The Specialized Diverge E5 is an all-round capable bike. It can take on long adventure or short ones; off-road and city streets, in a single playful package.
- E5 Premium Aluminium alloy frame with Open Road Geometry and thru-axle 12x142mm spacing
- Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle offers direct steering
- Shimano Claris 2×8 speed drivetrain with 11-34T cassette gives wide gearing
- Tektro Mira cable disc brakes offer all weather performance
- Sizes: 48cm, 52cm, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, 61cm
- Colours: Gloss Candy Red/Tarmac Black
- The Specialized Diverge E5 is available on 0% APR finance
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £250
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day ‘no hassle’ returns
- 100% Tredz awesome
- Delivered free in the UK on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is a:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free ‘basic’ pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point, quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
The Specialized Diverge E5 2018 Features are:
Frame: Specialized E5 Premium Aluminum, Open Road Geometry, threaded BB, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat mount disc
Fork: Specialized FACT carbon, flat-mount disc, 12x100mm thru-axle
Bars: Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp
Stem: Specialized, 3D forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise
Front Mech: Shimano Claris, braze-on
Rear Mech: Shimano Claris, long cage, 8-speed
Shifters Shimano Claris 2000
Chainset: Shimano RS200 46/34T
Bottom Bracket: Threaded
Cassette: Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-34t
Chain: KMC X8, 8-speed w/ Missing Link™
Front Brake: Tektro Mira, flat mount, mechanical disc
Rear Brake: Tektro Mira, flat mount, mechanical disc
Rims: Axis Sport Disc
Tyres: Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm Front, Espoir Sport, 60 TPI, wire bead, double BlackBelt protection, 700x30mm Rear
Seatpost: Alloy, 2-bolt clamp, 12mm offset, 27.2mm, anti-corrosion hardware
Pedals: Nylon, 105x78x28mm, loose balls w/ reflectors