Shimano Ultegra 6800 Groupset
- Latest model shimano Ultegra groupset
- 6800 series 11 speed
- Shares many of the feature of the Dura Ace 9000 groupset but at more economical price point
- Chainset: FC6800 34/50, 36/52 or 39/53, choice of crank length
- Bottom Bracket: BR-60 6800 Sealed
- Cassette: CS6800 11 speed 11-25, 11-28 or the new 11-32 (11-32 only compatable with the GS rear derailleur)
- Chain: CN6800
- Front Derailleur: FD6800 Braze-On
- Rear Derailleur: RD6800, SS for the 11-25 & 11-28 cassettes if selecting the 11-32 cassette you must select the GS medium rear derailleur
- Levers: ST6800 brake/gear levers
- Brakes: BR6800 brake calipers
- Cables: All cables included
The Shimano Ultegra 6800 11 speed groupset is the successor to the ever popular Shimano Ultegra 6700 10 speed groupset. There’s a lot more to the new groupset that an extra sprocket on the rear cassette. Featuring many of the peformance features of the Dura Ace 9000 groupset the 6800 makes it more accessable to enjoy all of Shimanos latest inovations.
The new Ultegra 6800 groupsets features a redesigned 4 arm chainset that allows 34/50 and 39/53 rings combinations to be used on the same spider, we will also see the 36/52 ratio as seen on the Dura Ace chainset. The brake calipers are symmetrical dual pivot design again brought over from the 900 Dura Ace groupset, 10% more powerful than the 6700 caliper.
The rear derailleur has a GS model to allow it to be used with the 6800 11 speed 11-32 cassette, when used with the compact chainset it gives a gear for every ride and every rider, ideal for the toughest sportives.
All in all the new Shimano Ultegra 6800 groupset offers greater performance than the 6700 groupset with the added advantage of lower weight and the extra flexibility of a 2 x 11 speed drivetrain.
With the groupset you will need a pair of 11 speed compatable wheels, you have the choice of any of the Dura Ace 9000 wheels or the new Ultegra 6800 wheels. There are also the new RS81 C24 or C50 models and a choice of training wheels like the RS61, RS31, RS21 and RS11.