The Merida One-forty 800 full suspension mountain bike is their premier mid-travel MTB, for confident trail riding.
The latest Merida One-Forty MTB features an all-new frame, made from a 6061 series aluminium alloy which has been hydroformed to create a complex shape that has been carefully optimized for strength and lightness. The frame tubes are triple butted, meaning the wall thickness is reduced three times along its length, which makes sure there is no excess metal along the tube in places where it does nothing to aid strength.
The One-forty’s ‘Float Link’ suspension system mounts the rear shock between two floating links, rather than fixing one end rigidly to the frame. This makes the suspension highly sensitive to small bumps, and gives precise control over the leverage rate. For enhanced steering precision, the One-forty features a tapered head tube that’s both stiff and strong, and boost thru-axles front and rear which maintain rigidity at both ends of the bike. Cables are routed through the frame internally, and feature Merida’s smart cable-entry system to eliminate rattles.
Up front, Merida have given the One-forty 700 a RockShox Revelation RC Air fork that has 150mm of smooth travel, with an easily adjustable external rebound damping control. At the rear, the 140mm wheel travel is taken care of by a Fox Float Performance shock, with three lever-selected modes and adjustable rebound damping.
There’s no shortage of gears to choose from on the Merida One-Forty 800. It comes with SRAM’s latest GX Eagle 1×12 speed drivetrain, boasting an impressive 500% gear range from the 10-50T cassette, and all through a single shifter & derailleur. Merida also chose SRAM to furnish this bike with its brake system too. The SRAM Code R disc brakes act on a pair of 180mm rotors that give you eye-watering braking power and resistance to heat fade on long descents.
Race up. Blast down. Repeat. Get on the Merida One-Forty 800 full-sus mountain bike.
- 6016 series alloy, with hydroformed triple-butted tubes & smooth welding for maximum lightness
- Fox Float Performance rear shock smoothly controls the 140mm rear wheel travel
- RockShox Revelation RC Air fork eats bumps with 120mm travel
- SRAM GX Eagle 1×12 speed drivetrain gives a massive 500% gear range from a single shifter
- SRAM Code R disc brakes with 180mm rotors deliver impressive stopping power
- Sizes: Small (15.5”), Medium (17”), Large (18.5”), X Large (20”)
- Colour: Matt Black. Gloss Black
- The Merida One-Forty 800 mountain bike is available with 0% APR finance
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £250
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
The Merida One-Forty 800 2018 Features are:
Frame: Lightweight 6016 series triple butted and hydroformed aluminium tubes with smooth welding. Tapered head tube and boost standard bolt through axles for precise handling. Smart entry cable routing for rattle free running.
Rear Shock: Fox Performance Float
Fork: Rock Shox Revelation RC Air fork with tapered steerer, 150mm travel and 15mm bolt through boost axle standard
Headset: Merida M2339
Bars: Merida Expert TR double butted 6061 aluminium, 35mm rise, 760mm wide
Stem: Merida Expert TR 3d forged 6061 aluminium, oversize clamp
Front Mech: Sram GX Eagle 12 speed
Rear Mech: Sram GX Eagle 12 speed
Shifters: Sram GX Eagle trigger, 12 speed with Sram MMX clamp
Chainset: Sram Descendant 6K Eagle 32 teeth
Bottom Bracket: Sram Press Fit GXP
Cassette: Sram XG 1275 Eagle, 12 speed, 10-50 teeth
Chain: Sram GX Eagle
Front Brake: Sram Code R hydraulic disc, 180mm rotors
Rear Brake: Sram Code R hydraulic disc, 180mm rotors
Rims: Merida Expert TR, 29mm inner width tubeless ready
Front Hub: Boost standard, Sealed bearing 15mm bolt through axles.
Rear Hub: Boost standard, Sealed bearing 12mm bolt through axles.
Tyres: Maxxis DHR II 2.6″ TR EXO Front, Maxxis Rekon 2.6″ TR EXO Rear
Seatpost: K-Shock LEV Integra dropper 30.9mm
Pedals: Not included