Packed with quality components and some clever suspension wizardry, the Merida One-forty 700 full suspension mountain bike is the trail MTB weapon you’ve been looking for.
The latest Merida One-Forty MTB features an all-new frame, made from a 6061 series aluminium alloy which has been hydroformed to create a complex shape that has been carefully optimized for strength and lightness. The frame tubes are triple butted, meaning the wall thickness is reduced three times along its length, which makes sure there is no excess metal along the tube in places where it does nothing to aid strength.
The One-forty’s ‘Float Link’ suspension system mounts the rear shock between two floating links, rather than fixing one end rigidly to the frame. This makes the suspension highly sensitive to small bumps, and gives precise control over the leverage rate. For enhanced steering precision, the One-forty features a tapered head tube that’s both stiff and strong, and boost thru-axles front and rear which maintain rigidity at both ends of the bike. Cables are routed through the frame internally, and feature Merida’s smart cable-entry system to eliminate rattles.
Up front, Merida have given the One-forty 700 a RockShox Revelation RC Air fork that has 150mm of smooth travel, with an easily adjustable external rebound damping control. At the rear, the 140mm wheel travel is taken care of by a Fox Float Performance shock, with three lever-selected modes and adjustable rebound damping.
Equipped with Shimano’s flagship XT M8000 1×11 speed drivetrain, the Merida One-forty 700 delivery rapid and precise gear shifting that promises to never miss a tooth. Shimano also take care of the brakes, as the M500 discs bite down on 180mm rotors to give you ample stopping power on any descent.
For a fun & confidence inspiring ride, it has to be the Merida One-Forty 700 full-sus mountain bike.
- 6016 series alloy, with hydroformed triple-butted tubes & smooth welding for maximum lightness
- Fox Float Performance rear shock smoothly controls the 140mm rear wheel travel
- RockShox Revelation RC Air fork eats bumps with 120mm travel
- Shimano XT 1×11 speed drivetrain shifts rapidly and precisely with every click
- Shimano M500 hydraulic disc brakes and 180mm rotors give you power and control over speed
- Sizes: Small (15.5”), Medium (17”), Large (18.5”), X Large (20”)
- Colour: Black/Red
- The Merida One-Forty 700 mountain bike is available with 0% APR finance
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £250
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16 point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
The Merida One-Forty 700 2018 Features are:
Frame: Lightweight 6016 series triple butted and hydroformed aluminium tubes with smooth welding. Tapered head tube and boost standard bolt through axles for precise handling. Smart entry cable routing for rattle free running.
Rear Shock: Fox Performance Float
Fork: Rock Shox Revelation RC Air fork with tapered steerer, 150mm travel and 15mm bolt through boost axle standard
Headset: Merida M2339
Bars: Merida Expert TR double butted 6061 aluminium, 35mm rise, 760mm wide
Stem: Merida Expert TR 3d forged 6061 aluminium, oversize clamp
Front Mech: Shimano XT Shadow+ 11 speed
Rear Mech: Shimano XT Shadow+ 11 speed
Shifters: Shimano SLX rapid fire, 11 speed
Chainset: Shimano SLX 30 teeth
Bottom Bracket: Shimano 71-41A pressfit
Cassette: Shimano M7000, 11 speed, 11-46 teeth
Chain: KMC X11-1
Front Brake: Shimano M500 hydraulic disc, 180mm rotors
Rear Brake: Shimano M500 hydraulic disc, 180mm rotors
Rims: Merida Expert TR, 29mm inner width tubeless ready
Front Hub: Boost standard, Sealed bearing 15mm bolt through axles, centrelock
Rear Hub: Shimano Deore 12mm bolt through axles, centrelock
Tyres: Maxxis DHR II 2.6″ TR EXO Front, Maxxis Rekon 2.6″ TR EXO Rear
Seatpost: Merida Expert Dropper 30.9mm
Pedals: Not included