Aluminium doesn’t get much better than this. The Cannondale CAAD12 Disc Dura Ace road bike is quite possibly the greatest aluminium-framed road bike ever created.
The Cannondale CAAD12 frame is a real work of art, and a true testament to just how advanced Cannondale’s Aluminium technology has become. The SmartFormed C1 alloy frame is flow-model designed, uses Cannondale’s proprietary BB30a extra-wide bottom bracket shell, and is made from a high-grade 6069 alloy, giving it an incredible strength-to-weight ratio. At under 1100 grams for both disc and non-disc models, the CAAD12 goes head-to-head with some of the lightest carbon fibre road bike frames on the market.
What’s more, Cannondale have incorporated their SAVE micro-suspension technology into the CAAD12’s frame. SAVE is available in 4 variations, with the SPEED SAVE featured on the CAAD12 allows a small amount of vertical compliance in the frame/fork, not only for added comfort, but to simultaneously reduce rolling resistance by allowing the bike to smoothly track over poor road surfaces. The CAAD12 is built around Cannondale’s Elite Race geometry, giving the bike a race-ready ride position and razor-sharp handling to match.
The CAAD12 Dura Ace Disc features a disc-specific BallisTec full-carbon fork, with integrated SPEED SAVE technology that both enhances comfort and promotes smoother rolling at speed. The tapered steerer bestows the bike with responsive handling and a stiff front end during high-intensity sprinting efforts.
This top-of-the-range CAAD12 comes complete with Shimano’s chart-topping Dura Ace groupset, with 2×11 speed gearing that is light to the touch, yet gives a responsive feel and incredibly quick & smooth gear changes. Using Cannondale’s own SI HollowGram chainset and semi-compact 52/36T one-piece chainrings (two chainrings, one piece of metal), the CAAD12 Disc Dura Ace is geared for speed.
Matching Dura Ace hydraulic disc brakes give this bike impeccable manners under braking. The flat-mount callipers are designed specifically for road bikes, and use a 160mm rotor up front for ample power, with a 140mm rotor at the rear for sublime control. Being hydraulic, the feedback you get through the brake levers is second-to-none, and unlike rim brakes, the braking performance doesn’t suffer a dramatic loss of power when riding in the rain.
Finally, the CAAD12 Disc Dura Ace rolls on a set of Cannondale’s own HollowGram Si disc-specific wheels, with an aero-friendly deep rim profile, and lightweight straight-pull spokes. Wearing the review-topping Schwalbe One clincher tyres.
The one that has it all. Join the Aluminati, with the Cannondale CAAD12 Disc Dura Ace road bike.
- SmartForm C1 Premium 6069 alloy frame, with SPEED Save micro-suspension technology
- Cannondale BallisTec full-carbon disc-specific fork, with SPEED SAVE micro-suspension for a smooth ride
- Shimano Dura Ace R9000 series 2×11 speed drivetrain – the pinnacle of road bike gearing
- Cannondale Si Hollowgram 52/36 chainset is stiff & precise, with high-speed gear ratios
- Shimano Dura Ace R9170 disc brakes give flawless braking power & performance
- Cannondale HollowGram Si disc-specific wheelset, with Schwalbe One 25c tyres
- Sizes: 50cm, 52cm, 54cm, 56cm, 58cm, 60cm
- Colour: Metallic Purple/Anthracite
- The Cannondale CAAD12 Disc Dura Ace road bike is available with 0% APR finance
All Tredz bikes are:
- Fully built & ready to ride
- Fully checked & tested by Cytech qualified mechanics
- Available with 0% APR finance (up to 48 months) on any basket over £250
- UK price match guarantee
- 365 day no hassle returns
- Free delivery in the UK Mainland on a date that suits you
In the box with every Tredz bike is:
- Free Tredz 9 key trail tool
- Free Tredz pedal spanner
- Free basic pedals
- Tredz drawstring kit bag
- 16-point quality control check sheet
- Basic bike setup instructions
- Free Cycle Plan insurance voucher (8 weeks)
The Cannondale CAAD12 Disc Dura Ace 2018 Features are:
Frame: CAAD12 Disc, SmartForm C1 6069 Alloy, SPEED SAVE, BB30a, Di2 Ready, flat-mount disc
Fork: CAAD12 Disc, SPEED SAVE, BallisTec Carbon, 1-1/8″ to 1-1/4″, post-mount disc
Headset: CAAD12, 1-1/4″ lower bearing, 25mm Carbon top cap
Bars: Cannondale C1 Ultralight, 7050 Alloy, Compact
Stem: Cannondale C1 Ultralight, 2014 Alloy, 31.8, 6 deg
Front Mech: Shimano Dura-Ace, braze-on
Rear Mech: Shimano Dura-Ace
Shifters Shimano Dura Ace Hydraulic Disc
Chainset: Cannondale HollowGram Si, BB30a, w/ OPI SpideRing, 52/36
Bottom Bracket: FSA BB30 Bearings
Chain: Shimano HG701, 11-speed
Front Brake: Shimano Dura Ace Hydraulic Disc
Rear Brake: Shimano Dura Ace Hydraulic Disc
Rims: Cannondale HollowGram Si, Carbon Clincher Disc, 19mm inner, 35mm deep, tubeless
Front Hub: Cannondale HollowGram Si Disc, straight-pull, 24h (F)
Rear Hub: Cannondale HollowGram Si Disc, straight-pull, 28h (RR), Center-lock
Spokes: DT Swiss Aerolite, straight pull
Tyres: Schwalbe Pro ONE Tubeless, 700x25c Front, Schwalbe Pro ONE Tubeless, 700x25c Rear
Seatpost: Cannondale SAVE Carbon, 25.4x350mm